Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I admit to having some difficulties recently with my 'walk'... I think I am at a slow fumbling crawl. If I can even call it that. But it could just be from sheer exhaustion. Exhaustion from wondering if I am doing the right things and saying the right things. It all gets so overwhelming at times.


I started to read another book called The Art of Spiritual Healing by Joel S. Goldsmith. It has some good points but he also contradicts himself several times and doesn't seem to notice it. Or I am just ultra-critical... probably a bit of both. I actually find some of what he has written helpful but I find Louise L. Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life a bit easier to apply and a bit more realistic in terms of an understandable God.

Joel's God, although supposedly loving and all powerful, leaves no room for a human being existence. All it leaves room for is an all mighty God that is like an amoeba that wants no separate identity outside of itself. I can't see a loving God wanting no expression of humanity. Yes, expression within the love and direction of God, but the ability to be someone not-God. I don't think a God who made us in all our variety wouldn't want us to be those expressions of variety.

While, in her writing, Hay's book covers a God who works with us side by side to create life and healing. We are partners with a loving God. A God who knows more, sees more and is more than we can imagine but a God that looks upon us as His wonderful creations in love.

Actually, The Shack gave the best vision of God that I have read so far. That is a God I want to know. That is a God I want to embrace and be embraced by. Truly that is a God I want to relate to. I suppose this means I need to go and crawl to Papa. I need a big healing hug.

I am coming Papa... I hope you have Your lap ready.

No comments: